Very excitingly, I’m hosting this week’s Totally Money Blog Carnival. I’ve created two new categories this week to help me group the excellent articles that were submitted. Enjoy Money Dilemmas, and my favourite 61 Days to Christmas!
I’ve sifted through a lot of great content, and have picked out the best of each category, to bring you the crème de la crème of the week’s personal finance articles.
- Matt at Living In Financial Excellence tells it like it is in Debt is Debt. Except When it Isn’t?.
- Boomer of Boomer & Echo asks Does Your Job Define You?.
I know, I know, it’s not even November yet. The only people who count down the days like this are prisoners, AND Christmas frugalites. The later may say that if you haven’t organised your Christmas budget yet, you need to get a move on. So take heed of these articles offering tips and advice on saving for, and not overspending this holiday season.
- Anna from Think ‘n Save brings us three top tips on How to Save for Christmas.
- YFS from YourFinancesSimplified shows you HOW TO SHOP FOR THE HOLIDAYS LIKE A BOSS (debt free!).
A few of this week’s writers were concerned with money dilemmas, perhaps that is because it is only 61 days until Christmas!
- Barb from Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance shares her TIME VERSUS MONEY dilemma with us.
- Squirrelers presents Emotions, A Mortgage, and a New Baby: What Would You Do?.
- Crystal from Budgeting In the Fun Stuff discusses the quandary of Tipping after a Bad Experience.
- Dough Roller claims Materialistic People are Less Happy in Marriages But Have More Money.
- Dividend Growth Investor has identified Five Metrics of Successful Dividend Companies.
- Billy Hart at inMessment presents Stock Market Indexes, What are The Dow, The S&P 500 and The NASDAQ – Investing Basics.
- Bill Smith from FastSwings presents Ways to Grow Your Wealth.
- In this Australian focussed article, Aussie Investor from Australian Stock Market Investing presents Highest Dividend Paying Shares – The Micro-Caps.
- Neal Frankle from Wealth Pilgrim presents 7 Good Ways To Make More Money.
Credit & Debt
- Nathan Richardson from ComplexSearch.com explains What’s a Good Credit Score.
- D.J. from The Family Wallet tells us about the differences between Debit Cards versus Credit Cards.
- Fanny from Living Richly on a Budget sheds some light on Who’s Responsible for Credit Card Debt After Death?
- Networth Journey helps us to distinguish between Secured Debt vs. Unsecured Debt | The Critical Differences.
- Jason Price from One Money Design presents How to Get Your Debt Snowball Rolling.
- Melissa from Mom’s Plans answers the question Does a No Spend Month Really Help You Save or Only Delay Spending?.
- Suba from Wealth Informatics shares the Illusion of saving money.
- Control Your Cash presents The Limits to Frugality.
- Jon the Saver from Free Money Wisdom presents his Ultimate Guide to Grocery Store Savings.
- Marie from Money Spending Mommy asks Do You Find Saving Money Difficult?.
- Some US banks have started applying a fee for debit cards, Mr. Money from Smart On Money presents How To Avoid Debit Card Fees.
- Juliet Jones from Business Insurance presents The 9 Most Shoplifted Items in America.
- Frugal Wallets brings us How to free yourself from impulse buying. —.
- Sandy from Yes, I Am Cheap presents How To Save Thousands of Dollars On Your Mortgage Without Refinancing.
- Bob from Christian Personal Finance asks Is it okay to pray for money?
- Suba at Broke Professionals guides us through the transition from full time job to self employment, in Steps to Be Your Own Boss.
Thanks to everyone for their submissions. If you want to submit a post for next week, head over to the Canadian Finance Blog.
Image by Domen Jakus